MARLIN AND MAGDALENA BAY
TRIP from Oct 2022 1 female spot left
TRIP from Nov 16th to 25th 2022 sold out
TRIP from Dec 16th to 25th 2022
Every fall, the waters outside of Magdalena Bay offer the perfect conditions for massive schools of sardine in the cobalt blue shallow ocean water. The surrounding waters teem with life with bait balls and predators from seabirds to blue and mako sharks, sea lions, whales, dolphin and the oceans fastest fish, the striped marlin (Kajikia audax). Marlin can swim as fast as 50 mph (80 kmh) and it’s the thrill of lifetime to be in the water next to a bait ball with marlin whizzing past you, dorsal fins full erect. Extra bonus is the hundred or more turtles often seen on the surface. This is an unforgettable experience for snorkelers, divers and free-divers.
Mag Bay is also a gorgeous place to visit just for the pristine beauty, mangroves and giant sand dunes of the outer islands. We work closely with a group of local panga drivers who know these waters like the back of their hands.
This is a deeply personal experience with maximum five to six guests per panga guided by a guide and a local captain. This experience is for everyone, and the tour is completly in snorkeling /freediving.
MAGBAY TRIP PLAN
We suggest to arrive in San Jose Del Cabo the day before (accommodation and transportation to our meeting point is not included in the price) since we will start driving to Magdalena bay in the morning to have a lunch stop in La Paz, BCS, Mexico then arrive in the evening in Magdalena Bay, dinner and then a briefing of what the day entitles the following mornings.
3 days of early start and ACTION!
6:30 am a light breakfast will be served and provided to
have everyone in the boats by 7:15 am and head on the look for the Bait balls and other Pelagics.
After the full day adventure we will be back around 4:30 pm to take a break and head to dinner at 6:30 pm to repeat the same structure for 3 days.
Last Day we will have a final get together to celebrate the experience, share photos and have a farewell drink.
We will be heading back to San Jose Del Cabo at 7:00 am to be back in the afternoon around 3:00 pm San Jose Del Cabo Time Zone.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for the 4 days of trip, plus breakfast and lunch the last day of transport to San Jose del Cabo.
• Transportation San Jose del Cabo (meeting point) / Puerto San Carlos / San Jose del Cabo (meeting point)
• Accommodation for 4 nights.
• 3 Full Days in the Ocean
Whats NOT included?
• Dive and Travel insurance (highly recommended).
• Accommodation the night before of the trip.
• Transportation to meeting point.
At Magdalena Island the rooms are double occupancy.
Your last chance to purchase snacks, extra beverages and items is right before we sail into Magdalena Island, we will bring some basic snacks to the island as well.
We ask that everyone brings additional cash (minimum 200usd) to order extras non included and contribute towards the overall gratuity for hosting our team of adventurers.
What should I bring?
• Passport or INE or Mexican residency card
• Dive and Travel insurance (highly recommended)
• Sun block/ screen / lotion - SPF 30 should be a minimum (Reef Friendly is mandatory)
• Insect repellent (for mosquitoes and sand flies)
• Hat, buff and polarized sunglasses - Polarization reduces water glare and protects your eyes fromUV lights
• Rain jacket
• Dive gear: mask, fins, snorkel, gloves and booties or similar are a must.
(Rental available upon previous request)
• Bathing suit and rash guard (for UV protection) or wetsuit (3-5mm for winter; highly recommended).
• Dry bag -optional but proves very useful in the field
• Beach towel or large towel -optional – bath towels and bed linens are provided
• Clothes that can get wet or ruined! - T-shirts and shorts, a sweat shirt and long pants, warm
/waterproof jacket, long sleeve shirt, buff, sandals or shoes that can get wet
• Any special foods or medications e.g. seasickness tablets, waterproof band-aids for fin sores, electrolytes for hydration or similar
• Spending money for personal expenses – Mexican Pesos or US dollars as they are also accepted in Magdalena Bay.
• Camera- Topside and/or underwater
• Spare batteries for headlamps, cameras, etc. as batteries and film accessories are difficult obtain in the area.
• SD cards, USB, hard-drive and laptop as desired